Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The End of Neverwinter Nights Week



Hello Campers,
Things came to a halt for me recently from a nasty bout of the flu. To continue and finish off Neverwinter Nights Week I will discuss a number of the better known or more used Hackpacks for the game made by the community members. I know some of the community is divided on the use of hackpacks. I for one enjoy the different aspects of  add-ons they bring to the game.


The CEP

For Starters, we have the CEP or the Community Expansion Pack is a series of hackpacks containing a large amount of community created content. It holds a large collection of appearances for creatures, items, tilesets, and a couple of systems all set up in this series of hacks.

The CEP is still expanding with the recent update of a 2.61 series after a long hiatus from the original group. Thankfully the project was revived by one of the community's longest standing members The Amethyst Dragon.

I currently use the 2.4 version of the CEP as I use other haks that currently conflict with the CEP 2.61, I am working on some merger haks for this and will hopefully soon be able to release them.



Project Q

The series of Haks known as Project Q were assembled together with the intention of releasing new art content for NWN. This adds a wide variety of appearances to the game including creature appearances, item appearances, tilesets, and some other fixes and tweaks to the game.

Honestly, I have never used Project Q but from what I have seen I would like to find a way to incorporate it into my mod.

Pstemarie is who I believe runs the Project Q



PRC

The PRC or the Players Resource Consortium is a series of Hackpacks that add Spells, Classes, Races, Feats, Skills, Epic Spells, Psionics, Modified Spells, and more.

The PRC started out from a players desire to play the HOU with new classes and developed into the massive series of hacks it currently is.

I know a large number of community members believe the PRC is bug ridden and laggy, but the last update honestly fixed a lot of the issues the past update contained. And while some of the content is intended for those who prefer a stronger challenge to the game, it can be set up to only use the content you want. I have heard mention of game balance but that subject is subjective to the creator and I will

Currently, the PRC team is led by Clansunstar and is working on an update to the PRC.


And there you go just a few of the wonderful hackpacks made by the community members for the community. touch on it in another post another day.





No comments:

Post a Comment