Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Neverwinter Nights Original Campaigns and Expansions

(Disclaimer: the following reviews or descriptions are intended to be spoiler-free, I intend on only giving some intro info for each of the official mods. Names may not have been remembered so in place of just randomly naming NPC's what I felt like they deserved to be named.)

Howdy Ho campers,
today's installment of NWN WEEK brings us to a description of the official campaigns for NWN 1.

Neverwinter Nights

The original campaign for NWN starts right after the events of the prelude, which is, for the most part, a tutorial and a means to introduce one to the story. Granted after you have played the prelude as the majority of classes, you have no real reason to play it other than to get a couple possible levels and some extra stuff to sell for gold.

Once you do get into chapter one you find yourself standing behind the guy you met in the prologue and some douchebag priest of Helm. Trust me I spent time trying to figure out if I could attack that guy, don't waste your time just yet, you get a shot at him later. Anyway after talking to these two you discover you need to speak to Lady Airibeth to get the ball rolling and your quest starts shortly after, I would recommend going to the peninsula district first.

The Shadows of Undrentide
You start out in a home where you have been training for some time. After your home is attacked you venture out to the nearby town to see what was going on. This mod seemed a bit short for me but then again I might have not explored as many of the side quests as I realized existed after I beat the mod. I still prefer starting out characters on this mod more than the original.



The Hordes of the Underdark


The beginning of this mod sees you in waterdeep, in one of the more famous inns there... some well place. Anyway after some shakeups inside the inn you explore a small section of waterdeep. Shortly after returning to the inn you are thrust into the namesake of this mod the Underdark the biggest, baddest, nastiest dungeon known to many gamers alike. And yes you are going right through the front door. The only advice I can give is stock up on gear in town before going down and hope like hell you can find a henchman.

That's all I have in store for today, tomorrow I will cover some of the hak packs used by the community.   

No comments:

Post a Comment