Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Common Sense!, A Lost Art? And its Effects on Driving.

It has been a long time since I posted anything on here. To be honest I forgot it existed. I am glad I can still access it. Well just for starters, a great many things have changed with me, I went to school for a year, found new enjoyable gainful employment. In addition, I now have become a wellspring of ideas in the area of game development. In fact, I will probably announce the different games I have started creating for tabletop RPGing on here.

The first point of this blog will always remain to dealing with my vast interest with the Computer role-playing game Neverwinter Nights. Moreover, for those interested here is a link to the forum for my server in the works.

Beyond The Mists

The second point of my blog will be to use as my soapbox for pointing out things I think needed pointing out. Whether it be things such as today’s topic Common Sense!, A Lost Art? And its effects on driving.

On the other hand, if it is different things I have found over the vastness of the Web that I would like to share and comment on with everyone.
One thing can be assured I will make the best effort to make the experience entertaining.

Welcome to Mikeys Adventures.

Today’s topic: Common Sense!, A Lost Art? And its Effects on Driving.

common sense

The above is a link to the Wikipedia Definition of Common sense which most of us now known as good sense. Unbelievably at one time in this country, it was believed that everyone possessed this rare gift or trait. Now days it is not very common to find a person with good sense let alone any common sense.

I know some of you are asking right now, “But Mikey , How did everyone loose there common sense?”

And I reply “well little Fella, we forgot we all have one thing in common. We are all human, each unique and special. But we are only special to those we truly touch and affect through our own actions of kindness, compassion, and humility. We have allowed ourselves to become greedy, selfish, and self-important. Our importance now depends on how many people are below us even if that includes members of our own families.”
Things were different in the old days, very much different.

Now with all this self-important mumbo jumbo floating around. We have seemingly forgot simple things that at one point and time mattered in this country. In the Pre Cell-Text, How much money do I have? Days. When someone got behind the wheel of a car, the intention was to try and not break any laws to avoid a ticket. And everything can be explained as we are easily distracted as a race…Humans, Before they put GPS, DVD, OnStar, Self-Parking, Texting, Cell phone, reading lights , CD, WI Fi, Bullshit in cars people had a Radio, and we listened to them at levels that won’t wake the Dead Or cause Heart Stoppage .

Ok so maybe we did listen to Metallica a bit loud, We didn’t know about base till about six years later.

Needless to say people are so focused on how important they are and what they are doing that they forget a few simple things called laws we all are supposed to follow.

One of the First is Speeding, And one of the biggest group of speeders I have ever seen are Guys in Brand New trucks. It almost seems like they are Daring someone to slam into them. Lucky for me I am gathering a small fleet of semi drivers just for that occasion. However, seriously, slow the hell down people. First off you won’t get to where you are going any faster if you slam into me, because after I get off the phone with the cops I am probably going to pass out to ensure I can’t figure out how to unbuckle my seat belt, and use it to strangle you into unconsciousness so I can tie you to one of those car dollies and pull you behind a dragster. I figure a couple of miles ought to break a few people of this speeding bullshit. And you telecast it just for the entertainment value.

Now for this next part of my rant I will be semi touching on the topic of illiteracy in this country, though I think a dash of color blindness has some fault. See Here in the states we use the color red to indicate when it necessary for a motorist to bring their vehicle to a complete rest. We as Americans must have taken to an old joke of STOP means Step Toe On Pedal, HA HA HA , yea real funny till you blow a stop sign and hit someone. Then how funny is it? Maybe part of the penalty for running a stop sign should be writing 1000 times on a black board in front of city hall. I will learn what STOP means. As far as running red lights. We need to either change the color of the lights to something color blinded people will notice or maybe just maybe someone finally came up with a good idea of those red light cameras. In fact you know who complains about invasion of privacy when dealing with those red light cameras?, well I’ll bet if you sat off the road with a camera of your own quite a large number of those Privacy Crusaders would be caught blowing red lights. Privacy only counts when you are not taken away someone else’s.

And another thing, Since when did we have such a High number of Inter country Military operations going on? And when I say this I mean Why do I see people driving in conditions that require the vehicle lights to be operating while driving. When I say conditions that lights should be on let me give some examples. Rain and I am not talking a light sprinkling or mild showers. I am talking damn near monsoon level rain. And some jagoff got his lights off driving around. I mean it is PA state law after all… or are You Special. Maybe that is it, still doesn’t explain this next shmuck. I’m running to the store at 2:30 AM to grab smokes. And coming at me is a large shape. I get closer and it’s a truck flying down the road with no lights on. Black truck, dark night. I just wanted to smash head on into him and when the cops got there say I didn’t see him coming. We need to let these special people know that it is ok to turn there lights on and be like everyone else.

People need to wake up and find some good sense.

1 comment:

  1. Need to get you one of those old old old huge cadillacs or other tank style cars, and a 5 pt harness... let em hit you in that.

    ReplyDelete